Friday, June 25, 2010

Getting so close to leaving date!!! Mom said that lately I have been kinda edgy and moody... I guess I didn't notice! She asked me what was wrong and what was bothering me. She asked if I thought it was about the trip. Yeah, it is. I told I didn't know what I was going to be doing down there. I don't like having no plans! And I didn't want to do something wrong, like dressing. Because there are cultural standards, and I don't know them! Later I went outside and had a good talk with Him. He told me to let go. I was holding on the plans and expectations I had and not letting God use me for Him! Here is my prayer for myself now as I prepare to leave and while I am down there, could you pray this with me?

"Father, help me to open my heart to what you want me to do. Help me to let go of my need to know what is next. I need to understand that no matter what happens you know. Please give me peace and security in that. Help me let go of my plans, my dreams, my hopes, my expectations. Help me instead to hold on to you. To look to you. To trust YOU! Give me confidence and peace in the fact that YOU ARE GOD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment