Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Almost There!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I have been on vacation with my family up on the North Shore of Minnesota. What a beautiful area it is!
Less than a month until I leave! My excitement grows every day! God is so faithful! He brought in the support that I need. Now any funds that I receive will be used to purchase some much needed medical supplies that will be used in the clinic. I was able to do this last year and it was a great help. About a month and a half ago I received a devotional book by Beth Moore called Voices of the the Faithful. Every day is a story or experience or advice from a missionary. It is so encouraging to read the stories and see how God was the faithful to those people. He is so amazing!
There is a meeting tomorrow for the missions team. We have an amazing team! There are several medical people. And most of them have served in missions before. Nurses, dentists, pharmaceutical students. I can't wait to see what God is going to do with us in Honduras! We will be assembling hygiene packs on July 3 at my church. Later that day we will be packing suitcases as the first group is leaving the next Wednesday! If you want to donate medical supplies or clothes, let me know! Here is some of the stuff we will be needing:
-bandaids
-toothbrushes
-toothpaste
-brushes or combs
-washcloths
-bar soap
-clothes of all sizes, but especially children
-crayons

No comments:

Post a Comment