Monday, June 6, 2011

Amazing!

Wow! Something happened the other day that has confirmed for me, yet again, that God really IS calling me to missions. My mom was going through my baby book looking for my Social Security number because was applying for jobs and she pulled out a note I had written when I was twelve, for AWANA. It said:
"Being a missionary is hard, in other words it is a challenge. That is why I think I would be a good missionary. When I am given an assignment, I'm not liable to give up. Also, when I start something I will not give up until it is complete. I also want to be a nurse when I grow up. The missions field is full of possibilities for a nurse. I also like being around kids in this world, even in Minnesota who need a mentor or maybe just someone to be with. Being a missionary is going where God calls you. I also don't mind getting dirty. But the biggest reason of all is because I love God!"
Isn't that awesome! From what I could remember, I thought God laid long-terms missions on my heart a year ago at a series of retreats. I had no idea of that letter! I love when God does those kinds of things. And just when I needed that reassurance!
In one month I will be on the road to Chicago! So much do to, and in the middle I will be fitting in a family vacation! Thank you so much for your continued support. I need that prayer. Also, will be you pray for us as a team? That we will be unified in our efforts and intentions. That we will see that need and help. That we will love and serve without reservation. I know right now that God is going to do amazing things, we just need to step back and let Him use us!

No comments:

Post a Comment